Bonus Stars - Sneak Peek

sneak peek at bonus stars
July 2021

I finally finished sewing all the bonus HST stars. Last week, I added a thin sashing to create the center of the quilt. I still need to add a frame and an outer border to meet the size requirements of a QOV.  I've auditioned several fabrics for an outer border, but I haven't settled on one. 

Two items of good news:

    • My sewing machine is still humming along, so I'm confident that the adjustment the technician made solved the problem I was having with it.

    • On Sunday, I hosted an afternoon of Mexican Train Dominos with five friends. It's the second gathering I've had at my house since being vaccinated. Slowly, life seems to be returning to normal.


Comments

  1. So happy you can have a good time with friends again and that the problem with the sewing machine has been fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican train is such a fun game. We used to play that at my mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty stars - I like the two on the right hand side the best. But, your two items of news are simply the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness!! That is just spectacular!
    I miss playing dominoes with my parents. We'd play every Saturday night. Popcorn and beer while listening to the Gypsy Kings. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nancy another great QOV.. MExican Train Dominoes sounds relaxing and fun. I have a procedure tomorrow and then I thnk I"ll feel like IM getting back to seeing people. I have masked and stayed away, mostly because so many people have summer colds right now. I just want this endoscopy done! Getting sick would delay it. So far im good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt center is gorgeous--the sashing really sets off the stars! The domino party at your house sounds like so much fun! I'd love to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with stars! It's going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice preview! Wish I lived close I love to play Mexican Train!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great with the thin sashing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.