HSTs and Machine Update

preparing to make
 HSTs for star points
July 2021

Last week, I showed you the stars made with bonus HSTs. Since I needed more stars, I used the eight at a time method to make more HSTs for star points. 

A week ago, I took my sewing machine to the Bernina dealer in Fort Collins, CO where it was serviced in May. Luckily, three technicians were in the shop, and simply by hearing the machine run at high speed, one of techs was able to diagnose the problem. She did some adjustments, and the machine ran smoothly without any problem. I was not charged for the adjustments, and it's been running great.

I always oil the machine (usually after five bobbin changes), but the technicians agreed that machines should be oiled after four hours of sewing. 


Comments

  1. I've used that method to make HSTs too, but mine are never marked as carefully as yours are. I'm sure glad your machine is humming along nicely now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your machine is working well now. I didn't know machines were supposed to be oiled so often. I'll have to take care of that on mine as well.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the problem with your machine was so easily diagnosed and fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could get your machine fixed quickly and at no charge! I had never heard of needing to oil a machine after just 4 hours of sewing. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me that I need to oil my machines when I finally dig them out of the pile of stuff I have in the sewing room. I am very guilty of not oiling them or my spinning wheels often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hum four hours of sewing? I’ll have to pay more attention to that. I generally oil and clean once a month or if the machine sounds clunky. I clean every time I change the bobbin whether I’ve run out or need a different color. Glad it’s working so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good info..not sure mine has ever been oiled....Sears circa 1974:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did t realise that the machines needed oiling so often either, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this way to make HST's--it is a real assembly line way of making them! lol
    So glad for the happy ending to the machine repair!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.