Scrap Dance Twist

Scrap Dance Twist
February clue complete
March 2020
Carole (From My Carolina Home) started a new mystery in January. I saved the clues to work on later, and now that I'm helping flatten the curve of COVID-19 by staying home, I decided to work on the mystery.

The clues are easy and are released on the third Friday of each month for seven months. Previous and future clues can be found here. The clues are removed from her blog after the mystery is solved, so if you're interested in working on the quilt later, SAVE the clues.

January's clue was to select fabric and cut into the required units. This mystery uses a lot of charm squares and 4.5 inch squares, too. I decided to make the throw sized and use the over abundance of fabric I purchased for Tavern Blues. I used the same fabric to make another one of Carole's mysteries - Square Dance.

February's clue (shown in the photo) results in 80 two-patch units.


Comments

  1. That's a lot of little patches!! Nice that you saved the clues so that now you have something to work on while practicing self-isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stitch those units and soon the whole things comes together...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It isn't really an over abundance of fabric. You just liked it well enough to know you would want to make more than one quilt using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That twisty fabric is VERY pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that twisty fabric. How fun to have a long term project to work on during this strange time we're finding ourselves.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good that you keep the clues> Speaking of, we watched Knives oUT last night and it was very good and fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have a new project to focus on, happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.