Historic Dining

fourteen seniors enjoy dinner at the Virginian
Medicine Bow, Wyoming
August 2019
August 30, 2019, fourteen seniors from Laramie traveled to Medicine Bow, WY to enjoy dinner in the historic Virginian hotel. We had a wonderful time. The Owen Wister dining room was decorated much like it would have been in 1911 - heavy velvet drapes, silver flatware, large sideboard buffet, and other period furniture.


 Isn't this large mirror beautiful!


The hotel still welcomes guests, and how I would love to explore the rooms.

Comments

  1. Elegant now and I can only imagine how elegant it must have seemed back in 1911.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. I would love to see it. How was the food??

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely!!! It must have been like stepping back in time. It reminds me of my great grandparents house. I still have the key to it even though they burned it down years ago to build a post office on the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love visiting period and historic places. It's so beautiful. I love the sideboard and mirror.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to browse through the whole house, too! What a beautiful setting to enjoy lunch with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fun place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day! I love to visit historic places! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.