California Thomas Fire Quilt Blocks

four blocks for the California Fire Quilts
December 2017
These four blocks are on their way to Carole (From My Carolina Home) who plans to make some quilts for those who've suffered from the Thomas Fire in California.

The blocks are also being collected by the Ventura Modern Quilt Guild in California: here's the pattern link and mailing address is listed at the bottom of the pattern page. Update January 13,2018, read this post on Carole's blog about all the blocks she's received.

The need for quilts is great, so I hope you can help by sending a few blocks to the Ventura Guild.

Comments

  1. Those blocks are lovely and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cross county quilt cooperation......creativity at its best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look very nice. I saw this online and have had good intentions of making some, but just don't seem to get back into my sewing room for very long at any one time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the things you do with scraps! Good cause, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thing for you and fellow quilters to do. I wish I were more talented at sewing.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice block! Another one to add to my list of blocks to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Nancy! So many families had everything taken from them. This is such a sweet thing you are doing, but I'm not surprised, by your good and generous spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice you are doing this! Those wildfires have been so destructive, and now they've been followed by terrible mudslides. Your efforts will be put to good use, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.