Nymphalidea #2


Brenda purchased yarn in Las Vegas for two Nymphalidea shawls, so I began the second shawl as soon as I finished the first one.  I was a little put off by the variegated yarn when I started, but since its a self-striping yarn, I decided to let it do its thing before asking Brenda if she wanted me to continue. When the other colors appeared, I was pleased with the look and continued knitting.

Yarn: 
Heritage Prints (Cascade Yarns) color #5 - (75% superwash merino, 25% nylon)
Baah! LaJolla - Garnet (100% superwash merino)





I pinned the shawl on the wall to show its true shape. 

I like knitting the pattern so much that I've selected some yarn from my stash to knit one for myself.

Comments

  1. Brenda will look beautiful in both these new shawls.
    Didn't take you long to master the new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the change in color, it makes for a different look than the black one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Nancy. And fabulous that you are making one for YOU!
    I love the purplish solid you picket to go with it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is even more beautiful than the first one! Stretched out it looks like a hawk's wings in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had patience with the color. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I'm glad you stuck with it as it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as pretty as the first one and the color change is subtle, but not too subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color combo turned out very well. I like the slight variation on color. It think it's a beautiful shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Nancy! Really nice choice mixing these yarns with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice colors. Nice shawl. You sure seem to knit quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.