Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sue's Gifts

Sue's quilt kit - destined to be a QOV
Sue stopped by my house a couple of weeks ago, bearing gifts: some fabric and two kits. The kit, shown above, is for a full-sized quilt - complete with backing fabric. It will soon become a Quilt of Valor.

She also brought some red yardage (sorry, no photo) - approximately six yards that I'll use for a Quilt of Valor backing and some presentation cases.

Wall hanging kit
This kit included the pattern (appliqué) for the eagle. While it is beautiful, I told Sue that I would not be making the eagle, but would use the fabric for other Quilt of Valor projects, and she was fine with that idea.

I would like to offer the Eagle appliqué pattern to someone who would actually make it. It is 29.5 x 26 inches. If more than one person expresses an interest in the pattern, the names will be placed in a hat and the winner selected on May 26, 2015.

Thank you, Sue for sharing your kits for Quilts of Valor.

8 comments:

  1. Christmas in May! It will be put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue is a gem! How wonderful to receive all this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't use it Nancy. Hope someone will enjoy it~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet to offer and I'm sure someone will jump at the chance to work with that beautiful pattern. I would love it but I would not know where to begin. I need to take a class in quilt making before I tackle something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to get fabric given to you for your wonderful Quilt of Valor quilts. If I had any thought at all that I might make the eagle, I would certainly throw my name in the hat. BUT, I know there is no way I can possibly start anything new for the rest of this year. (Or so I say!) I am diligent working on the two of the three quilts I started in May and June. One is almost a top and the other one I'm about half done with the blocks so I feel pretty good about them. The third one -- nothing is happening. It was using mostly strings so even if I never make anything with the two blocks I made I feel like I learned the technique. Although, they would go into a nursing home quilt quite nicely. I may get back to it eventually! B

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet and kind of Sue. Believe it or not I have never appliqued before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet gift! I love the eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a Toni Whitney pattern. I would like to be considered for the eagle pattern. It would be a great center for a QOV for my son-in-law.

    I've been reading your blog for a while and have gone back to the first one and read all your posts. Really like your foreign Friday posts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...