Courage

Courage
Quilt of Valor
60 x 66 inches

Courage is Quilt of Valor #62  (a previous post for this quilt can be seen here)

All of the Quilts of Valor that I've made are listed with links on this page. I'm currently working on two more quilts; with any luck, I should be able to reach my goal of 64 quilts before the end of July.

Edited to add some information about the red square. No real story behind the red square other than those who serve are exceptional and unique individuals. They go where no one else will go and sometimes don't come home. They make the ultimate sacrifice for the frequently clueless masses. The red square represents those brave individuals who selflessly defend our freedom.

Pattern: Stepping Stones by Susan Fuquay, American Quilt Retailer, Vol. 12, Issue 71



Comments

  1. I like the simplicity of this pattern. It looks very tidy and neat. The little pop of red is fun too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. My first thought was what a bold statement it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Sue O's comment...that's the perfect name for that beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one red square. Is there a story?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the same thing as Katherine - is there a story for the red square? I love the impact of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh very good. >This one is masculine and I think a Vet will lOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red square really pops! I think your goal is in sight and one by one you are getting there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, Nancy :) I really love the one red square.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love this pattern and the idea behind the block with the red square. Very beautiful quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.