Moving Forward

Marython participant #129
In 2011, I decided it was time to get serious about losing weight and exercising. Since making that decision, I have lost 86 pounds, but my journey is far from over: I need to stay focused and keep moving forward toward my goal.

To help me stay motivated in 2013, I have enrolled in the Marython that begins January 1st. My participant bib number is 129. The program is not a traditional marathon; instead, it involves a 26-week commitment to exercise and to live a healthy life. By enrolling in the Full Marython, I have committed to exercising 30 minutes five days a week for 26 weeks. (A Half Mary-thon is a commitment of 30 minutes of exercise three days a week for 26 weeks.)

The woman who organizes the program is named "Mary," which is partially why it is called a Mary-thon.

Even though I've been exercising regularly for over a year, my motivation has waned since July. I need to try shake things up a bit and try something new, challenging, and rewarding: this program should provide all of that and more.

After I enrolled, I received the Marython workbook in the mail and have done the required reading.  I am impressed with the thought that has gone into the weekly "lessons." Mary will also send encouraging e-mails and individualized support when needed.

I intend to finish the 26-week Marython and receive my medal as well as better health.

Want to join me?

Comments

  1. 86 pounds! That's fantastic! This program sounds like a great way to stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you!!! Wow, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Congratulations. That's quite an accomplishment. Best of luck with your continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a tremendous accomplishment, Nancy. I'm maintaining my '11 loss, but I don't want to get caught up in yo-yoing as I have in the past; I want to finally figure out how to maintain. While I'm plenty active, I fear that's allowed me to be VERY sloppy about my food habits, so I'm signing up as soon as I hit "publish" here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go, Girlfriend! Nice job. My husband lost 85 pounds this year and is very focused on his diet and exercise routine. Tremendous willpower! Keep it up, you are doing great (Sara)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Congratulations on your weight loss; that's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea Nancy! What a goal and look at you go. I just about have my head in the right place to start taking care of me. You are totally inspiring me. g

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful accomplishment.
    Great job Nancy!
    wyogg

    ReplyDelete
  9. 86 pounds!!!! That's incredible! Congratulations!

    I don't know what your plan is for the exercise you will do, but walking has huge benefits! My friend and I have been walking 5-7 times a week, 3 miles each time (we're slow, but we get done!), and since we started in April, she has been able to drop two medications for her diabetes and blood pressure, her numbers are within 'normal' range, and her doctor is thrilled with her! It can only get better, right!?!

    Good for you for making a commitment! I hope you'll share your progress with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go, Nancy! I thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic idea Nancy. Im somehow motivated now that Fireman bought me a nordic Track. I still might join you. I joined a website called FITOCRACY but it got too public for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do need to! How do you get involved?

    Congrats on the big weight loss. I lost 30 pounds, but sadly some have found there way back. I'm down about 20 now. :-(

    I do exercise regularly, but sometimes I use THAT as an excuse to treat myself to foods I shouldn't eat as often.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have already achieved so much! Use that momentum and keep going! I hope that they suggest cutting processed foods out of your diet, that can do wonders for your health, I can say that from experience. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG 86 pounds!!! And I was pleased because I have lost 11!!!

    Well done you. Must have been a long hard slog.

    I bet you feel sooooo different. I know I do after just 11.

    Cheers

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. You rock! Best of luck, I am proud of you.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go Nancy! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look fabulous Nancy!!! Great going!
    Wendy in WNY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.