Thanksgiving Knitting

Socks given to Marilyn for her hospitality
knit on size 2 needles with 2 skeins of
RH Heart and Sole (Watercolor Stripe)
I celebrated Thanksgiving in Denver with my sister and her family.

Before the trip, I had one sock knit just past the gusset, and fortunately I had some quality knitting time on the way to Denver because I caught a ride with my nephew and his family. On Wednesday's drive, I was able to knit until the sun slipped behind the Rockies. I also knit on Thanksgiving Day and Friday evening and grafted the toes before midnight on Friday. I slipped the socks on Marilyn's feet while she tacked the binding on one of her most recent quilts and snapped a photo with her iPad.

Marilyn, thank you for the invitation to celebrate the holiday with your family. I had a great time.

Comments

  1. I have footies in that same yarn. It wears like steel. What a wonderful hostess gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, you can come stay with me if you knit me a pair of socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect trade! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pair of socks in record time! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful socks! I'm sure Marilyn will love wearing them. You really did finish them in record time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE them. Thank you, thank you. I think I got the better deal. I really enjoyed our visit, it went by way to fast. See you at Christmas. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fine looking socks and a great gift!! You did some world-class speed knitting there Nancy. So glad you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warm feet, now that's a great gift, I bet she loved them.

    Oh, and consider it dunked.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely gift socks. SO glad you got to give them to someone who treated you to a great HOliday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those socks. Happy Thanksgiving Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute socks. Marilyn is a lucky lady. I've made socks with that yarn and they wear VERY well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a great idea! Thank you socks! I might have to steal that idea from you someday (if only I could knit that quickly)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are almost faster than a knitting machine! The socks look great I bet your sister loved them! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Knitting the socks for your sister was a very generous thing to do. Love the color and how it made up.
    Rebel Follower

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great socks! I love the color. Sounds like your sis liked 'em, too. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful socks! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.