Say What?

Women's restroom door sign
Wendy's Restaurant
Cody, WY
October 2012
The Management should have thought a bit more about the wording of this sign. The restroom contained a single stool with no partition, so ladies who did not press the button on the back of the door would be exposed to the hallway and other guests, creating an embarrassing situation for everyone.

The sign should have read something like this: "Please do not press the button on the back of the door when you EXIT. This action will lock the door so that other guests can't get in. Thanks, Management"

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh ... you have pressed MY hot button. It drives me crazy that because we don't teach children how to write clearly and concisely, this kind of sign is everywhere.

    The internet just reeks with misused words, half sentences and text-speak. Pretty soon none of us will understand anything. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about this....Don't people re-read what they write before they post it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true...there are a lot of poorly written signs and instructions out there!! This one certainly could cause some trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't scream when someone else walks into the washroom.....

    What can you expect for minimum wage?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you figured it out before someone walked in. Sometimes even the brigtest people don't think things through. g

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just one of the reasons I don't read signs. DH gets after me and warns I will be sorry one day but I've read so many signs that make me ask, "what do they mean?" or "what are they talking about?" or just plain "huh?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe management should just find another solution to the door fastening so patrons aren't inadvertently (because really no-one would purposely press the button on the way out) locked out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha... Proof-reading, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If the door gets locked by accident so often that they need to post a sign, then I'd say it's time to get a new lock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.