Rescued Treasures




Yesterday I ironed some linens that have been waiting too long in the basket. Near the bottom were three treasures I found in a Fargo, ND antique shop in July. (Hmmm, can you tell that I don't iron very often.)



The instant I saw these linen handkerchiefs in the antique mall display I had to have them. The photos do not do justice to the beautiful lace.



Call me old-fashioned, but I still use dresser scarves and handkerchiefs. I wish that I could have rescued even more of the exquisite linens I saw in abundance at the antique mall.

Comments

  1. I LOVE them! I use those things too. The ones I have were embroidered by my great grandmother and are a treasure to me. My mom recently gave each of her granddaughters one of the handkerchiefs she had as a child. It was fun to watch the girls each pick out their own. Hmm ... I sense a blog entry coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous...and in perfect condition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.