Gathering Ideas

A few Sampler Quilts were on display at the County Fair. I was especially interested in the samplers because I need to get some ideas for the Block of the Month Ugly Sampler I am making. These quilts were gorgeous, but my blocks are all the same size so this layout would not work.

I liked the sashing on this quilt, but what caught my eye was the diagonal line of identical blocks. I think those blocks unite the quilt and make it look planned.

I also liked this layout, but again the uniting force are the identical blocks in the center. I will have 18 blocks for my sampler, so identical blocks may make the quilt too large. The blocks on point, however, do add some visual interest to this quilt.

I have some time before I need to make a decision on the sampler layout, so I will continue looking for ideas.

Comments