Simple Woman's Daybook

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Yes, this is Wednesday and not Monday, but life got in the way of the Monday post.

Outside My Window. . . the wind has finally stopped howling, and the sky is the color of Paul Newman's eyes. The Christmas displays in my neighborhood are disappearing with each passing day. The electric candles will continue to glow in my front windows until Epiphany.

I am thinking. . . about 2008 and the many blessings I enjoyed: the successful start of the Wyoming Pulmonary Hypertension Support Group and newsletter, a scholarship to attend the PHA International Conference in June, relatively good health and being able to eliminate the use of supplemental oxygen, meeting online friends in person, and exceeding my charity knitting expectations.

I am thankful... for the year behind me and and the new one that will begin tonight.

In the kitchen... is a pot of simmering soup: white chili made with great northern beans, carrots, celery, and leftover Christmas turkey. I'll bake some cornbread this evening to accompany the soup.

I am wearing... some casual pants and tee shirt

I am creating... some short-cuff socks using scrap yarn. I've am working on the fifth pair now, some pink ones for my sister. She hosts a Breast Cancer Awareness walk each year, and the socks will be perfect for her to wear.

I am planning... the programs and projects for the Wyoming PH Support Group. My co-leader and I met Monday afternoon and came up with some ideas. Now, I need to see if they are possible.

I am reading... Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay is still on my nightstand, but I haven't read any in it for a couple of weeks.

I am praying... as the new year approaches for Peace on Earth. I am disappointed that throughout the world, people are so cruel to one another and have been for thousands of years. I pray that mankind (every person in every country) can learn to get along and work toward a common good. Yes, I am an idealist, but the status quo is not working.

I am hearing... the steady ticking of my clock, the hum of the refrigerator, the soft click of the baseboard heater, the tapping of computer keys, and the creaking and popping of the house.

One of my favorite things... a cookbook of family recipes that my niece complied for a reunion in 2006. She asked every family to submit recipes which she organized in a small three-ring binder.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: a hair cut this afternoon, communion service tonight, a day filled with movies tomorrow (I do not like football), and more knitting.

A photo and quote worth sharing...



“Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors,
and let every new year find you a better man.”
~ Ben Franklin ~


~If you'd like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here. To get instructions for participating, click on The Simple Woman's Daybook icon in her sidebar.

Comments

  1. New Year's Eve must be a good time for soup, because that's what I'm cooking, too--chicken tortilla soup in the Crock Pot and fresh bread baking in the bread machine. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got around to the Daybook...LOL..better late than never...

    Happy New Year...
    Take care

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.