Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, December 1, 2008

Outside My Window. . . the world is dark except for my neighbor's outside light offering a glow of comfort.

I am thinking. . . about putting up a few decorations for Christmas. I don't have the desire to decorate a tree so maybe I'll bring out a few pieces of Christmas cheer.

I am thankful... for all the blessings the Lord has given me even though I do not deserve them.

In the kitchen... the tea pot is sizzling and releasing a stream of circling steam. It's time to prepare a cup.

I am wearing... a skirt and sweater

I am creating... some stitch markers for the ladies in my knitting group. It is fun to select the beads to match each person's taste, but I find twisting the wire to secure them difficult. I must be doing something wrong.

I am planning... the December newsletter for my support group.

I am reading... Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay. The book seems so familiar to me like I have read it before, but I don't think I have. I wonder if I read an excerpt somewhere.

I am praying... that my sister and her husband have a safe journey home from Arizona.

I am hearing... the ticking of the clock over my right shoulder. I love my two regulator clocks. One is an antique that I purchased in Japan 20 years ago.

One of my favorite things... the porcelain wreath that sits in the center of my kitchen table during the season of Advent.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: a) haircut and b) lunch with two old friends.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Waiting is hard, but believing
while waiting is harder still..

~ Gladys M. Hunt ~





~If you'd like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here. To get instructions for participating, click on The Simple Woman's Daybook icon in her sidebar.

Comments

  1. This will be the first year we do not decorate a big tree for Christmas. The kids won't be here and John and I are perfectly happy to skip that part of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get around and make the house look more festive. I would just as soon skip the tree, but my son always insists on buying a new one and setting up for us. Of course, the decorating and undecorating is left up to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, thank you for sharing. You are such an amazing woman! I'm going to check out the "Simple Woman's Daybook." That sounds fabulous!!
    Take care my phriend.
    annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoy your posts and it reminds me I have to get something out for the holidays -- after all, I just put the pumpkins away last week *:*

    Merle
    SMILE ~ IT'S CONTAGIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy your posts always leaves me breathless and in tears. I simply love reading them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.