Focusing on UFOs


It’s been over a year since this quilt (Pinwheel Puzzle) was finished and quilted, but sadly, it was under the pressing table in a bag and not bound. Saturday afternoon, I prepared the binding strips and label. I promised myself that I’d finish the binding this week. 

The sewing room was a mess with fabric, scraps, quilt tops and patterns stacked on the cutting and pressing tables. Since I was on a roll, I also prepared backings for the six QOV folded and stacked on the cutting table. I put off that job because I knew I wouldn’t mail the quilts to longarmer until after the holidays: I didn’t want them lost in the crush of holiday mail. 

With all of those tasks done, I was able to clean off the cutting and pressing tables. Hopefully, my sewing/quilting mojo will be prompted by the tidy sewing room. 


Comments

  1. Great job Nancy and now for a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow six Quilts of Valor...that is impressive! That is one pretty quilt in the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is a beauty!! Getting those quilts and backings ready to mail after the holidays was probably a big task. I'm always inspired by your QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous quilt. You are going to be so happy when its done.

    I had to clean my studio on the weekend - things have been so busy that I just kept tossing things in there and shutting the door. I didn't get a chance to sew, but at least now it's tidy and ready for when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes tidy quiet is inspiring. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! I've got piles and piles of unfinished things in the sewing room waiting for me to get in their and sort it all out. It will be like discovering old friends when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm impressed. I wish I could get that tidy thing to work for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly, my sewing room never seems to be terribly tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt has such beautiful colors. I'm glad it will be finished off soon.

    I have to have a tidy stitching area and while Steve is working tonight, I'll be tidying up some boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's a good job done--and you have a spiffed up sewing room, too! Win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh. I could spend a week straightening and cleaning and after 1 day of sewing I’d have to start again. Hope yours stays neater than my space does!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.