Completed Puzzle

Pinwheel Puzzle
67 x 76 inches
October 2020

The flimsy of Pinwheel Puzzle is finished and ready to be sent to a longarmer for quilting. I'm not pleased with the corner blocks because of the dark background fabrics, but they were in the kit and materials were tight. I tried to make them look "planned" by placing them in the corners. The blocks do not stand out as much in person as they do in the photo. 

Even with the pattern measure errors, I am pleased with the result. I love the rich tones of the colors in this quilt. Here's a close up of some of the fabrics and the blocks. 

closeup of some of the blocks


Everything but the borders were completed during Sunday afternoon FaceTime calls with my sister and niece. 


Comments

  1. WOW! Such tiny prints on some of the fabrics. It really came together nicely Nancy. And to think you did almost all of while on Facetime calls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one beautiful top! The blocks really show their stuff and I like the 'odd' corners-fun.
    What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just beautiful! I actually like the darker corners. . . it adds a certain "drama." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's stunning!! The measurement errors were a very happy mistake based on the result. The colors are so rich too. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like it was a lot of fussy work. Congrats. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Nancy, that is a beautiful quilt. My eyes are confused and don't know where to land! I think the dark corners look fine and like you planned it that way. The tiny prints are perfect. I think you were supposed to have those measurement glitches. The quilt is wonderful!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your arrangement of color is amazing. To me that is a talent all on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely!!! That really is the perfect fabric collection for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, WHILE you facetimed:? You are brilliant. I love this quilt Is it hard to photograph them. THey are very large. DO you hang them first?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done. You’ve persevered and finished it. I think your layout works very well. On to something new!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! I think your placement of the darker blocks are good. I probably would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks incredible. The coloring is very dramatic and with the two dark corners it looks planned. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colourway of the quilt.Placement can be hard, but you have nailed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.