Filling in the Blanks

waiting for the last six blocks to be finished
October 2020

I've been slowly, ever so slowly, sewing blocks for the Pinwheel Puzzle quilt. It seems like I've been working on this quilt for months. I keep adding more blocks, but now when the six blank spaces are filled, I'll sew the blocks together and add a border. 


Once I discovered the cutting directions in the pattern were incorrect, the remaining blocks did not waste as much fabric as the earlier blocks.  I think the pattern error was on the size of the solid squares rather than the pinwheels, but since I had all the pieces cut out, I was committed to making the blocks smaller. 

My blocks will finish at 9 inches. 


Comments

  1. This is another eye-popping quilt. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still beautiful, even if it deviated from the pattern. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. The black and tan is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is amazing! It makes my eyes move in all directions. You are so talented and PATIENT!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is going to be tncredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for persevering! Just a few more blocks to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are so rich in this quilt. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Quilt it will be a good finish! Hope you are having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you working on a quilt. Yea! It’s looking good. I wonder if it would look as good scrappy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an incredible quilt! You've recovered your (their) error perfectly! Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh No! I never thought about cutting directions being wrong. Ugh!!!! Im sorry. You are so good though, Nancy. You have prevailed

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this pattern. I've made two pinwheel quilts in the last couple of months having never made a pinwheel before. I really enjoyed making it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a cool one - that block is really neat - and your fabrics choices are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.