Thunder on the Mountain

stopping at WYCOLO 
August 2021

Sue and Bert (friends from Riverton) invited me to accompany them on a Poker Run (a fundraiser for Alzheimer’s research) hosted by the Laramie Eagles Aerie. We followed the group in a vehicle and had a lot of time to visit. 

Along the way, we stopped at the WYCOLO lodge, Riverside (for a picnic lunch), and Centennial before returning to Laramie. It was a full day, as we left Laramie at 10 AM and returned around 4PM. 

The group raised $1,250 from the poker run and raffles, and the Laramie Aerie pitched in a $1,000 and the Auxiliary $300; thus making the total donation $1,550 for Alzheimer’s research. 

Many good things happen in our communities every day, and we seldom hear about them. 

Comments

  1. How nice to participate in one of the positive things that happen every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating! Someday there will be a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice you could go and be part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a fun way to spend the day. There are a lot of summer poker runs around here every year, hosted by different groups. One of my brothers-in-law and his wife used to really enjoy them. And they are such great fundraisers for local charities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest brother used to ride his motorcycle in the Poker Runs around Omaha every year. He loved it. I'm glad you were able to go and experience it too. They raise a lot of money every year but aren't reported on very well.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a fun way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful thing to do! Glad you could have some time with friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't think of a better cause! Such a terrible disease. Thank you for contributing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you all had a great day, enjoying riding in the great outdoors, a picnic lunch and raising money for such a good cause too. Did you get offered a ride on that big black motorbike?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I'd be riding behind in a vehicle too. I am scared to death of motorcycles. Both my sisters got their licences when they were in their teens and used to ride all the time. Not me. I wouldn't even get on the back of one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.