Detours

August 2021

For the last month, nearly every street corner in my neighborhood has a Detour sign pointing left or right and some streets are blocked off completely. It’s construction season in Laramie, and at times I feel like I need a map just to go to the grocery store or to fill the gas tank.

Even my life has been filled with detours: a few weeks ago, the senior center started opening its doors for in-person activities for the first time since March 2020. The Mexican Train Dominoes group was anxious to start again, and permission was granted on July 19, 2021. The group met on the 20th and again on the 27th before the center was closed once more because several staff members tested positive for COVID. This week, the center is opening for a limited number of in-person activities - the domino group being one. 

So . . . I’ve started wearing a mask in public again. University students are returning to town this week. The positive COVID cases in the neighboring county are increasing rapidly. I see more detours down the road. 



Comments

  1. This must be disheartening and frustrating. I hope it doesn't continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we will see similar detours here as well. The college students return next week here, and the schools here begin tomorrow. And yes, sadly the numbers are rising. Our Sew Vintage group finally met but we're fearful it might have been the first and last for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our numbers are going up, up, up here as well. Nothing to my knowledge has closed as yet, but it is disheartening isn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is road repair season here too. They have decided to work on BOTH roads that go east from our town. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

    Numbers are going up here too. Masks have not been "mandated", but are strongly encouraged. Steve and I wear ours most everywhere. I don't see that others really are. :-( I think we are in for a rough fall and winter if people don't smarten up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got off the phone with my pregnant daughter who just got her FIFTH exposure notification from her summer camp work in the past three weeks. She's beside herself with worry as am I. This is just crazy and school hasn't even started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's how I feel--detours on this Covid highway! Have fun with the group and be smart about exposure--it's a balancing act, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay hea1thy!!!!! Detours abound here too! it cannot be time for schoo1 ....its too soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a crazy world out there...stay safe Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess detours for road work are better than bad roads and potholes! I've attended a couple of activities at our clubhouse but I’ve been wearing masks. Originally it was because our 7 yr old granddaughter was coming to stay for a few days. Now it just makes sense. Too many people are now getting break through Covid so I’m not going wild.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.