Simple Math

May 2021

Yesterday, I grabbed the stack of four-patches finished in April and began sewing them into eight-patches that will eventually become sixteen-patch blocks. It sounds confusing, but it's just simple math: 4 x 4 = 16

For the last two Sundays, I sewed (during FaceTime calls) on the machine I recently picked up from the repair shop. I've sewed with it over four hours and changed the bobbin at two/three times, and it hasn't given me a bit of trouble. I think the thorough cleaning solved the problem with the feed dogs. 

When finished, the sixteen patch blocks will probably be used for another Quilt of Valor. 

Yesterday, was a dreary day - chilly with rain off and on most of the day: it was a good day to sew and visit with my sister and niece as we FaceTimed. 


Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect day indoors--piecing and visiting-and nice results to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make everything about quilting sound easy:) Am sure it will turn out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your machine is fixed.

    I did a little shirt repair and my machine behaved just fine. It was giving me real trouble when I was sewing masks. I think the bobbin tension got messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that your machine seems to be fixed. Your seams and corners are perfect. I sure wish mine were!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been cold and deary here too all weekend which is fine with me as it kept all the tourists away. I did a lot of couch time with the Pup. Sometimes mother nature knows best and I am pretty sure she was telling me just to chill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good use of your time! It has been rainy and cold here (40's Saturday and Sunday). Feels more wintry than summer-like. Today the sun keeps poking out, but not for long...clouds are around and when the sun goes behind one it is chilly again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure it's a relief to have your machine is good working order again. I really need to take mine to Sioux Falls for a good cleaning and tune up. Saturday was chilly and windy here, but yesterday and today are beautiful. I've spent a couple of hours this morning doing quilt math too. Trying to figure out how to use a set of blocks for the UFO selected for June - is turning out to be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear that machine works good again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy , Glad you had a nice way to speak to friends during a rainy weekend. ! ! Love all your quilt of valor projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.