Boxed Squares

Boxed Squares
54 x 60 inches
for Prayers and Squares

Boxed Squares was made using the scrap 2.5 inch strips from leftover binding, backing trimmings, and scrap lengths of fabric and shown in a previous post.

The darker colors in this quilt will make a nice "guy" quilt. So often donation quilts are made from fabrics that appeal more to the ladies.

I still have a stack of blocks remaining, so I plan to make a smaller quilt using them. 

• The quilt is really not uneven on the top edge. I didn't smooth it out correctly before snapping the photo. 


Comments

  1. This really turned out beautifully! I like the darker colors for a change too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've really got to make one! it would be a fabulous baby quilt with fussy cut centres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - I love this one!! Now I want to make one too. This would be a great choice for our next QOV group block drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pattern is a favorite of mine. I found out the hard way it looks simple but it's not. It looks great in those colors.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks great. That’s a LOT of piecing but what a great way to use up misc. binding and small pieces. I might need to find the ones I started and keep making them until I get enough for a top. Will this go to QOV?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the squares on squares Nancy! ! ! Another great quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a great quilt for a man but I think it looks deceptively simple. Is it really difficult?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice finish Nancy! And a great way to use up scraps!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.