Adopting an Orphan

an orphan medallion 
39 x 39 inches

In December I adopted orphan quilt projects from Jo K. in Iowa. She sent thirty, double churndash blocks that I assembled into a Quilt of Valor and the orphan medallion pictured above. The medallion was made using the Fireworks pattern by Susan Fuquay. I've had the pattern for years, but it never progressed further than the "someday" list. 

Whoever made this medallion used a fabulous assortment to fabrics. I think they add depth to the piece. 

Tomorrow, I'll reveal how I turned this orphan into a Quilt of Valor.

Comments

  1. I love the great way people have been adding the twists and turns to the star blocks lately and QOV quilters are amazing! (you included!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This medallion is stunning! I can imagine pulling this out of a box of orphan blocks. You always do such a great job of designing layouts with tricky parts, so I'm looking forward to seeing your QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I thought maybe you had adopted a kitty.

    The block is VERY pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing how you incorporate it into a full quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! There really is a lot of depth to this. Whoever put it together knew what they were doing and I have no doubt you will (or already have) put it to good use. Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought you had a new puppy, kitty or fish! That medallion is beautiful. With your skill I'm sure it will end up as the focal point of a beautiful quilt of valor.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara said it all and I too am anxious to see the results!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.