Silver Lining - completed

January 2021

The Silver Lining hat come off of the needles on Friday - two days before my end of the month goal. This was a mindless knit but the helical stripes kept the knitting interesting. This hat was knit with four different sock yarn scraps, and I am very pleased with the results. 

two hats in one or possibly four hats in one

Once one end is tucked inside the other, a variety of options become available:

pink hat with rolled ear brim

pink slouch hat with no brim

blue hat with rolled ear brim

blue slouch hat with no brim

This pattern is a stash or scrap buster which makes it a keeper in my opinion. The pattern can be found here


Comments

  1. I am definitely going to make this - love your version!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that is just so cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great hat. The double layer means it will be extra warm too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks warm. Sounds like you might be needing it by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever is that! I was trying to figure out how it worked, and then scrolled down and VOILA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. That's my kind of hat. The only one of mine I wear is my lined one. You really made those scraps into a work of art. My scraps wouldn't play so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sure turned out beautifully! And extra warm, too, which is what I aim for-beautiful and practical! I love the mix of colors but the harmony of the warm and cool colors in their own sides!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! It turned out perfect and I love how the colors blend into one another. I'm going to print that pattern out and make one soon. Thanks for the link!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really cool hat. And what a great way to use up bits and pieces of sock yarn. It must be really warm too. Speaking of which we did get snow and it’s lasted more than 24 hours. More is coming later in the week and then we’re going into the deep freeze. Highs of 30, lows in the lower teens with feels like temp in the single digits. Way unusual for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.