First Steps

First Steps
by Robert Russin
Undine Park - Laramie, Wyoming
August 2020

First Steps is part of the permanent art collection of the University of Wyoming (UW). In recent years, the university placed some of their collection in public places in the community. First Steps was placed in Undine Park in 2014.

Robert Russin, the artist of this piece, was an art professor at UW for several decades, and his sculptures are on display in many countries. 


The Lincoln bust on the summit of Interstate 80 was created by Russin and was his favorite piece. He and his wife are inurned in a cairn next to the large bust of Lincoln.

Lincoln bust
by Robert Russin
located at the summit on Interstate 80 
near Laramie, Wyoming

Comments

  1. "First Steps" is perfect for a park setting. The Lincoln bust is so craggy!! But, then, so is every portrait I've seen of Lincoln as well as other sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First steps is so sweet and so opposite of the Lincoln bust. Hard to believe it is the same artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First Steps is a lovely sculpture! I agree with the comment above that it is perfect for a park with children playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful! What a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "First Steps" is such a sweet sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these because you can tell what they are! I bet the view is great from the last one:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these sculptures. Modern art often leaves me baffled but there was no question what these were. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How proud you must be to have these sculptures for your state.
    amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.