Sew Day for Hospice

cutting kits and calculating borders
February 2020
Friday and Saturday, I joined a group of local quilters to make quilts for the Laramie Hospice Home. Both days, my "job" was to sew borders on some donated quilt tops that did not meet the size requirements. Kathleen calculated and cut the fabric for the borders, and I attached them to the tops. I added borders to seven tops and sewed binding on one side of a finished quilt.
sew day for Laramie Hospice Home
February 2020
Several women were sewing quilt tops from kits or from supplies that they brought from home. Others were hand-tacking the bindings on two quilts. I believe by the end of the two days, the group had 12 - 15 tops and backings ready for the longarm quilters and two quilts bound and labeled and ready for donation.

I gave the group Comfort Quilt so it could be quilted and donated to the Laramie Hospice Home. Hospice officials told the group they serve nearly 100 patients each year.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful idea - and to join a group to do it makes it more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I bet that was challenging, adding borders to uneven quilts, but it all comes out just fine in the end! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like y'all had a VERY productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice! What a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How generous of you all to donate your time like that. I am sure those quilts are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thing to do. I think it was probably a lot of fun working with all of those busy ladies. Thank you all for donating materials and time to such a great cause.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a very productive time working together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't is wonderful to be part of a group and accomplish good quilts for comforting others!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy I m so surprised you don't have cardinals in your area?!
    Your quilts for hospice....what a lovely lovely thought

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good project...I would have to be the person that irons seams:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job. It appears that the group is really organized. I’m always impressed with how much piecing you get done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.