QOV National Sew Day

ready for assembly
February 2020
I spent part of Friday and nearly all of Saturday working on a QOV Mystery Quilt-a-Long with others across the United States. Three clues were released on Friday, but the majority were released every two hours on Saturday.

Most of the quilts I make are scrappy, but since I had some blue and white yardage (thank you Connie), I decided to stick with three fabrics for this mystery.

The sewing was manageable in the two hour segments, and I didn't have any problems finishing each step within that time frame.

four-patch units sewn facing each other
The first two clues were quite simple, creating two-patches and four-patches, but the third clue brought the mystery to a turning point when the doubled four-patches were cut on the diagonal.
the double four-patches were cut diagonally
Suddenly, things got interesting. 

hour glass units 
If I hadn't run out of steam, I could have easily completed the mystery on Saturday. Here it is before the final clue was released.
nearly finished
The final borders are assembled just not attached to the center section. Hopefully, I'll get them sewn on this week and post the completed QOV next week.

Alycia, thank you for planning another fun mystery quilt-a-long.


Comments

  1. AWESOME!! I love it...fast progress there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I wanted to join in but I still haven't figured out how to be in two places at the same time! Nice job on your blocks--and a cool new way to make hour glass blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like it was a lot of fun! Like those hour glass shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun idea to release the clues every couple of hours. Great results. I sewed hourglass blocks over the weekend, but didn't use her interesting method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those blocks and that blue fabric too. How fun to be quilting along with everyone else.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so much fun! I love that tumbling pinwheel look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever mystery plan. I need to look that quilt up. Is it on the main QOV page? Ha. I’m commenting with my iPhone and it looks like it is going to post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a fun project, even though I don't quilt. The final look is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was fun to see it progress Nancy! beautiful as always

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.