Sculpture Update

shimming a model
Eagle Bronze Foundry
Lander, WY
September 2017
You may remember seeing the photo before in this post. I recently discovered some information about the finished bronze sculpture and thought you might be interested in where this sculpture now resides.

Google image
The following was written by Max Greiner Jr. : Apr 17, 2018 (full article can be found here

Jeff Anderson, president of Leadership Inc., announced that a massive 1,123 lbs., 11' long lion sculpture has now been completed by eagle bronze in Lander, Wyoming, and is ready to ship to Israel. The No. 1 life-size (105 percent) bronze statue called the Lion of Judah will be shipped by air to Jerusalem as a gift of love from American Christians to the Jewish people, in honor of the 70th anniversary of the modern state of Israel, which is being celebrated this year. Anderson reports that sufficient funds have now been raised to make this historic gift possible, in collaboration with the sculptor.

Eagle Bronze, one of the largest art foundries in the world, also casts New York's Bull of Wall Street bronze sculpture. Monte and Beverly Paddleford, Christian owners of the famous art foundry, expect Greiner's Lion of Judah statue to become an instant tourist attraction like the iconic New York stock market bull.

The monumental Lion of Judah sculpture will be installed in the ancient City of David: Jerusalem.


Comments

  1. What a beautiful sculpture. We used to have a big lion made out of driftwood in the park by the beach dedicated to Cecil the lion but it's gone now for some reason. I miss seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a lovely piece! What a nice gift as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the detail on the face. It is a beautiful sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to share that info with my friend who goes to Israel every year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is impressive! Good to hear it is a gift from Christians! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous. It reminds me of Aslan in the "Chronicles of Narnia," which I guess is quite appropriate seeing as it's being gifted by Christians to Jerusalem. I think that it is a wonderful gift. Thank you for the information.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned a lot--thanks for sharing the article! It is a beautiful sculpture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.