Absent w/o Leave

Spic and Span laundromat
Laramie, WY
May 2019
Sorry that I went AWOL last week. I don't have a good excuse other than a bad case of the blahs. Like other places in the US, the weather has been nasty and unpredictable. I have a NOAA weather radio and it has been alerting like crazy the last two weeks - severe thunder storms, hail storms, severe winds, and even snow.
approximately 3-4 inches of heavy, wet snow
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Laramie, WY
Thankfully snow this time of year doesn't stick around very long. Soon the streets and gutters were filled with thick slush.
exit 65 on I-25 (near Slater, WY)
four inches of hail
Sunday, May 26, 2019
Two days earlier, the hail storm that pounded I-25 from Wheatland to Cheyenne was causing my weather radio to alert every 20 minutes until the storm moved into central Nebraska. Reports on Facebook stated the hail stones were ping pong ball to tennis ball sized.

So what did I do through all this chaos? I cleaned the apartment and changed my bedding from Winter to Summer quilts and sheets. Because my washer and dryer are small, I took the comforter to a laundromat and watched it whirl around in the machines for the better part of an hour. Ironically, this is the same laundromat that I used when I was in college.

Today, the sun is shining (for the time being), so hopefully, it will be warmer and the sky clear. I spied flowering trees around town yesterday, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Spring has finally arrived in Laramie.


Comments

  1. Yikes! You sure have had some crappy weather. No wonder you've had the blahs. Hope SPRING has finally come to your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you!!! I too am cleaned, changed all the linens yesterday...on we go, except it is 90 degrees here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine that weather in June but I know it is bad many places, hope it gets better soon and you are allowed the blahs:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you're still getting snow! It hasn't been terribly warm here, but definitely not cold enough for snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems May has been the month for crazy weather all over! Now that June is here, maybe we can all enjoy summer!

    I remember sitting and being mesmerized by whirling laundry in the years before I had a washer/dryer. Hmmm... maybe that's what's wrong with me..... lol ! Have a great day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you had to hunker down! Wild weather is right.
    Nothing like changing out the linens to reflect a change of the seasons-fully how life circles around, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't fresh bedding just the BEST!!! Hope the winter is done for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really was worried about you. I told my husband that last night. Seriously I did. I told him I was going to email you today to make sure you were okay if there was no post. I saw this earlier this morning but couldn't comment on my iPad and had to wait until I was to a computer. I'm glad to know that you're okay.
    As for the snow, I hope it's gone until winter for you. Enough is enough. It's supposed to be 39 this weekend but it's 82 right now. Crazy weather.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nancy . I wondered what was up. I would have screamed if we had snow last week . There was snow for a short time in Zion in Utah, but it was not measurable by any means. Glad you're back. Enjoy the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow....we've had our share of tornado scares and quite a few thunderstorms but no snow. Not that I would mind it. It's been too darn hot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You snow looks kinda good, we have had some real warm days:0 Glad you got your blogging mo jo back:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had some big rain storms with hail and a few tornado warnings. But the summer has arrived as we've been having temps in high 80s and low 90s with humidity. BLAH. Luckily the studio is in the basement and is really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.