American Dreamer

American Dreamer
Quilt of Valor
55 x 70 inches

American Dreamer is number 16 in the Quilt of Valor 12 in 2012 Challenge. I've used the eagle panel before, but wanted to do something different with it this time. The pattern is Sidelights by Mountainpeek Creations with extra borders added to meet the QOV size requirements.

My red, white, and blue fabric stash is not getting any smaller (maybe it would if I would quit purchasing it), so I will be able to make many more Quilts of Valor this year.


Update October 24, 2012: this quilt was shown on Alycia's blog today


I have an extra eagle panel to give away. The panel is shown above - it includes the three top and bottom stars and the eagle center. Even though it has the American flag in the center, I will gladly ship internationally, too.

Leave a comment and indicate your desire to be included in the drawing. Make sure your response is NOT set to "no-reply" or include your email in the comment so I can contact you. 

If you do NOT want to enter the giveaway, you can still comment: just tell me not to include your name in the drawing.

The winner will be announced on July 23rd. Good luck!

Comments

  1. Another beautiful quilt in this series, Nancy. You are an inspiration! (And please don't enter me in the drawing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your design. Nice work! I'm not a quilter, so don't include me in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eagle panel like Wool Winder I am not a quilter but admire one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - I hope someone wants that panel or you will be stuck with it. After my dismal color testing results (okay it was 98!!) I don't want to ruin it. Love the stars you added top and bottom to this panel. This is a charming quilt. Glad the heat has broke enough you can sew. g

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an overachiever. I continue to be amazed at all you get done. Great quilt. I never get to quilt so I better not try for the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'll opt in for the panel. You KNOW I will use it (eventually). Right now I am pretty busy doing 2 jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is bold, and speaks loudly of patriotism and the strength of our freedoms. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy

    I would LOVE that panel. I'm sure an American eagle would settle right in in Taupo.
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I like the other one also. Don't need a panel though....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilt..I am so not a sewer so don't enter me either..I love looking at your quilts:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you off set the panel...kinda like the sidelights pattern. :) I found you through your comment on Alycia's blog. great job on #16 of 12 in 12. I've pieced 2 qov's but need to quilt them up to send to Alycia. I would love to win this panel and create a qov!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.