Foreign Friday

Hong Kong
Christmas 1979

December 1979, a large group of teachers on the base took an organized tour of Southeast Asia over Christmas break. The day after we arrived in Hong Kong nearly everyone in the group became very ill, and the hotel doctor ordered bed rest. Since I was not ill, I wandered around snapping photos and rode the ferry to the other side of the harbor. Despite the mass of people on the streets, I felt safe.

I am sure our group would have seen more of Hong Kong if the "bug" had not grounded so many.

Comments

  1. That bug sounds more like food poisoning to me but glad it missed you. Seems so funny to see Christmas is Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems unusual to me that lighted sign on the building is in English first and then in Japanese.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.