Sunflower

Sunflower
Western Region Oddball Baby Blanket
started April 2013

Thank you for all the great name suggestions for the new Oddball blanket. I'm going to keep them on file and will use them as empty needles are available.

It has been snowing steadily here for the last week, so I decided to knit start a the blanket with a hope of warmer days. Thank you, Connie (FarSide) for the name suggestion.

Yarn: Simply Soft (Deep Sage)
Size 8 needles - 126 stitches
Stitch - Checks and Ridges

Update: September 9, 2013



Comments

  1. This yarn in this color looks absolutely fabulous knit in the checks and ridges stitch. I like the name...and it will be fun to see the final product; I'm assuming there will be some delightful "yellows" and some black mixed in the stripes. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I imagine yellows and blacks will be involved. Great name

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color and stitch pattern! Nothing is nicer to knit with than Simply Soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely start, and how fitting... a flowery blanket for a spring that doesn't seem to want to arrive in your parts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snowing? All week? That's insane. I hope you are staying safe and warm. lovely knitting by the by. g

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun name and such a pretty stitch pattern. Stay warm! What a crazy April this has been!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the green of the leaves! Glad you liked the suggestion..Sunflowers are one of my favorites:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.