Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, April 13, 2009

Outside My Window. . . the sky is gray and dreary. It was clear earlier, but now a spring storm is moving into the area. I only hope that the moisture will be in a more liquid form than the past weeks' storms. I am glad that the snow has melted, giving the lawns around town a much needed drink. My yard is beginning to turn from a drab beige to a fresh green.

I am thinking. . . about my neighbor, as he is back in the hospital.

I am thankful... for all the fresh produce and fruit featured in the grocery store. I purchased some asparagus and strawberries on Saturday. Nothing tastes more like Spring than asparagus. When I lived on the farm, every year I to hunt for wild asparagus along the ditch banks and in old farm yards. The location of these patches were a well guarded secret. I wonder if anyone has discovered my treasure and if they enjoy it as much as I did.

On a plate in the kitchen... are the crumbs of my lunch - an egg salad sandwich, a fresh tomato, and some cold, steamed asparagus.

I am wearing... some comfy sweats.

I am creating... or attempting to create a knitted bird for the Fiber Guild Christmas tree. One pattern was a major flop, but the one I am working on now has potential.

I am planning... the April issue of the support group newsletter.

I am reading... my way through a stack of magazines. Sometimes I read them as soon as the arrive in the mail, but lately, they have been gathering dust near my knitting chair.

I am praying... that my neighbor bounces back quickly from this latest health issue.

I am hearing... the steady ticking and a slight whir of the wall clock. It is preparing to strike the hour.

One of my favorite things... a vine-ripened tomato still warm from the sun.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week. . . a) conference call tomorrow, b) finish the knitted bird, c) prepare the newsletter, d) Fiber Guild meeting.

A quote worth sharing. . .

"I've got to keep my priorities in order: my faith, my family, and being of service through my work. The minute those priorities are out of order, my coping skills go out the window.

A friend used to say, 'JOY: Jesus, Others, You.' I write the code word, JOY, on a scrap of paper and put it on my bathroom mirror so when I brush my teeth I see it."

~ Kathy Ireland ~





~If you'd like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here. To get instructions for participating, click on The Simple Woman's Daybook icon in her sidebar.

Comments

  1. Very nice. Hope you have a good week, it's cold and rainy here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy..
    Hope you have a great week:) Hope the snow is done...Greener grass is also a welcomimg sign of Spring:))
    Hope your neighbor is OK..
    Hugs:)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, you have me craving asparagus. It's one of my favorite foods. My favorite way to eat it is roasted, but however it's cooked, I love it. I just wish it weren't so expensive in the store!

    A vine-ripened tomato, still warm from the sun, is also a favorite of mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new green of spring is always a welcome sight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.