Best Laid Plans

"The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew. . ."

~ "To A Mouse" by Robert Burns ~


Sometimes things just don't work out as they are planned. I wanted to make the beautiful Snowflake Star, but for some reason my finished product is a deformed mess. I was hoping to make this snowflake ornament for the Fiber Guild tree, but I am not going to try the pattern again.


I did try the Fancy Yet Easy Ornament, and the result resembles the photo that was posted with the pattern. The pattern is no longer available online, but it was designed by Terry Liann Morris - SailingKnitter.


As cute as it is, it doesn't look like a snowflake, so it will not be submitted for the Guild tree.

The hunt for an easy, knitted snowflake pattern goes on.

Comments

  1. The star doesn't look too bad. But the snowflake pattern is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't figure out where the star went wrong. It looks right on all the points, except one. Good luck finding a pattern that you like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.