Lost and Found


These blocks have been on my design wall for over two weeks, and Sunday, I finally sewed them together. When I started preparing this post, I don't know how many times I looked at the photo and thought that it didn't look right: the rows were not supposed to create a square. Eventually, I realized that a row of blocks was missing, but what did I do with it?

I had carefully removed the blocks (in order) from the wall and placed them on numbered squares of poster board. I worked on each row separately and pressed them in the same order so I would not mixup the layout. As I finished a group of blocks, I placed the poster board squares on the floor by the sewing machine. I had inadvertently put the poster board with the last row on the floor without sewing the row. 
the "found" row of blocks ready to sew

I'm glad the blocks were found right where I left them and that I could quickly sew them together and then add the final row to the other blocks. 

ninth row added to bottom 

I haven't decided what kind of border I'll add to bring this Quilt of Valor up to the required size. With any luck, I'll be able to do that this week. 

Comments

  1. I really, really like this one! Now I'm going to have to add this block pattern to my "to do" list. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an unusual design. Very nice! I'm glad that you found the blocks. I've done that kind of thing before and I always have a bit of panic inside that I measured wrong, sewn it wrong or something along that way of thinking. Glad it all worked out well.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that. I don't care how well I organize things something always goes haywire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found your "missing" block. I think a navy blue border would look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice design! Glad you found the missing blocks! If it had been me I would have never found them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you solved the mystery and are on the way to finishing another beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've all been there over losing blocks! lol Glad you found them and added it to the top--it's beautiful. Nice job getting it done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.