Weekend Stitching

binding a Quilt of Valor
January 2022

In the last two weeks four QOV have been returned from Longarm quilters - two from Texas and two from Colorado. I wanted to add labels and binding and wash the quilts before Sunday, so they would be completely dry before I packed them for shipping today. 

By mid-morning, the package will be in the FedEx office and on its way to Idaho so the quilts can be awarded to veterans. Just think of how many people (other than quilters) have a role in making a QOV presentation possible. 


Comments

  1. Team work.....and for a very good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy for all of your hard work on the quilts. It's great teamwork for a very worthy cause.
    And binding. That's where I mess up every quilt I've made.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. It is a pretty amazing program!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful. I'm not a quilter and I had not realized that bindings are put on AFTER the quilting. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been hard at work putting the finishing touches on these QOV quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is quite amazing just how many sets of hands are involved. I have 2 quilts sitting here right now that need the binding and labels. But 2 of our group members volunteered to do that so I just need to remember to take them to guild in 2 weeks as both will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!! Sewing on the binding is my favourite part of the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, a Bernina! Maybe someday I'll be skilled enough to deserve one!
    The whole QOV process is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure the veteran's love their quilts. My sister (in Florida) does quilts for QOV too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work on those lovely quilts. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job getting four quilts bound and on their way to recipients. You are so dedicated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.