Round and Round



Dyeing the three sock blanks in October certainly jump started my desire to knit. I’m knitting the Sockhead Cowl with the final dyed blank, and I love how it looks so far. 

This blank was dyed in a kettle on the stove with several colors of blue and purple. 

Because the sock blank was double knit, I’m knitting with one strand and winding the other strand into a ball, which I will use on the second half of the cowl, thus using every bit of this yarn.

Even though the ribbing shows the kinks from the pre-knit blank, it will straight out after washing and a light blocking. 

Comments

  1. I am looking at you tube videos, trying to knit! What is the best yarn to try??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how the blank looks like a pair of well-worn jeans, but the ball and the knitted cowl have so much more color variation. Intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sara. I wouldn't know when to stop with the color when dying. It looks so different knit up. It's gorgeous Nancy!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a beautiful color with the ribbing--I like the look with the kinks in the stitches! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous dye job Nancy! This is gorgeous - it does remind me of jeans. I think the sockheda cowl is a perfect pattern for this yarn. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pretty skein!!! You really have the knack for dyeing sock blanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy it is just great. Your success is shining through!!! 1ove the outcome and the hat start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another winner. I may have to try dying one for socks sometime. I used to dye cotton fabric for quilting. It might be time to use what I have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.