Reaching Out

library knitting
August 2018
All the boxes are unpacked, most of the items have been put away, and life is starting to settle into a new routine. Now, I plan to venture out and find individuals who share some of my interests.

I found some local knitting opportunities. On Wednesday afternoon, I knit with some ladies at the senior center; on Saturday afternoon, I went to the local library for the weekly "Sit and Knit," but I was the only one who showed up. The librarian told me that attendance is sporadic, so I'll go a couple more times to see if others attend. Cowgirl Yarns, the local yarn shop, also hosts a knitting group on Mondays.

I am confident that between these three groups I will be able to connect with other knitters.

Laramie also has two quilt shops, and one of them hosts a Quilt of Valor group. I plan to attend some of their organized QOV sew-ins to meet some quilters.

Comments

  1. Sounds like some great opportunities to link up with like-minded people Nancy. I'm glad. How cool that the local quilt shop hosts a QOV group! And I love the name of your local yarn shop (how fortunate to have BOTH a quilt and yarn shop nearby). Good to hear from you again and glad you are settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Good for you Nancy to reach into your new community quickly. The Barn here afforded us an amazing gift of new friends after we moved. YOu have so much to offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just what you need! I'm glad some opportunities are present for you to take advantage of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you and wondering how the move was going and here you are already unpacked! I am sure you will find some wonderful new friends and can't wait to hear how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are getting out and trying to find a new knitting and quilting community. That would be the most difficult thing for me - making new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've picked a PERFECT place to settle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laramie sounds VERY promising! You should mention the library knitting group to people at the other places - they may not even be aware of it, and I'm also sure that other crafts are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the knitting group picks up once summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sound like perfect ways of meeting like-minded people. I sure wish I could do the same here. Will you give us a tour of your new place? It’s good to see you back. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you!! I love the Laramie Quilt shops! Hope you are getting all settled in - and enjoying the town. Ps - where abouts is your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you settle in with some groups! How is your new place? Did your neighbors welcome you? I hope you like it there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you are reaching out. Nothing like meeting up with like minded individuals. Have you found out whether there is a quilt guild?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you're getting settled!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds as if you are settling in nicely and that your explorations into new possibilities are proving fruitful. The knitting and quilting communities have just gained a new treasure in you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.