Monday, November 9, 2015

Roundabout Blocks

Roundabout block
Over the weekend,  I worked on a stack of 10" squares from my scrap bins. In quilting circles, this size is called a "layer cake." Quilt shops often sell various sizes of precuts of a complete line of fabric, and a "layer cake" bundle often contains 42 squares. My squares were cut from the larger remnants of other quilting projects.

The Roundabout blocks will finish 18 x 19, which is considerably larger than the blocks that I normally make for Quilts of Valor. Because of the block size, this quilt will not have borders. The finished quilt top will be posted later this week.

7 comments:

  1. Those blocks are nice and big! I'm looking forward to seeing them all together in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The speed at which you finish quilts always impresses me. You do so much good with fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That block has a very different look! The blocks are big; perhaps this quilt will go together faster than usual. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I have a quilt pattern that calls for a layer cake bundle. I just need to either make the blocks or buy a layer cake bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this block! I think scrappy quilts may be my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...