Foreign Friday

Spectacle Bridge
Nagasaki, Japan
April 1980
Built in 1634, Spectacle Bridge spans the Nakajima River in Nagasaki. When the river is high, the bridge resembles a pair of vintage spectacles, as the arches are reflected in the water.
Spectacle Bridge Neighborhood
Nagasaki, Japan
April 1980
Unfortunately, when my group saw the bridge, the river was very low, so I drew my attention to the surrounding neighborhood. I can't even imagine the historical events this area has witnesses.



Comments

  1. What catches my attention is the contrast of buildings. One side of the river seems to be very old, while the other side appears to be much more modern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! I love bridges, especially older ones. The buildings are fascinating too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The houses are all so close together...don't think there was much privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting photos :) Not at all how I pictured it would look...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.