Rescued Fabric

stack of large scraps
Last week, I stopped at Neat Repeat (local thrift shop) after running some errands and had fun browsing the craft section. Often the area is bare, but that particular day, I found some great cotton for baby/child quilts. Many of the scraps were large (roughly 8 x 12 inches) and some were shapes like a shirt bodice or sleeve. It looks like someone was making multiple garments as the fabric was cut with several fabrics layered together. I rummaged through the rumpled fabric and retrieved the ones I liked. It was difficult to resist the abundance of large scrap pieces.

The salvages declared that these are Michael Miller Fabric - most released within the last three years.

thrifted fabric
Once the pieces were pressed, they formed an impressive pile of fabric and all for $2.00. I'm going to have fun turning the scraps into a quilt. Currently, I'm considering the Kelsey Baby Quilt pattern by Rebel Perfection - free on Craftsy.

In addition to the fabric, I found four bobbins for my sewing machine, four new skeins of Caron Simply Soft yarn, and some shoe laces.


Comments

  1. What a great haul -- quite the steal for $2. The fabrics are really pretty and the baby quilt pattern is so nice. Realizing that I have not been to any thrift shop or Goodwill in ages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I wouldn't have been able to resist too! Perfect pattern for this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win the Shopper Woman award for today. That top fabric is exquisite!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bargain! And I recognize a couple of those prints. I had to look in Craftsy to see the pattern and it's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy to the rescue!!! Love the prints and your plans. That's going to be a very warm and loved baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm in awe! You did get quite a nice haul for $2. Thanks for the pattern referral -- I'll need to go back to it from my computer to get a copy of it. Your fans will look fabulous in that pattern. We'll we be seeing a finished top early next week? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find - you certainly got a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really scored! And knowing you, I bet you will make some fabulous creations with all that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was quite a bargain and such pretty fabrics too! Perfect for baby quilts. You do such amazing work.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful pile of treasures you discovered! Such lovely fabrics that will surely make a beautiful baby quilt with your magic touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.