Foreign Friday

Doing laundry on the temple steps
Bangkok, Thailand
December 1979

Comments

  1. I am visiting today from Cranberry Morning! Love those pretty socks that you knitted for Judy. I enjoyed looking at all your quilts. I am a cross stitcher( the counted kind) and I am working feverishly on several projects. It is always good to find another person who enjoys working with their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting picture. I am always amazed at the opulence of temples contrasted with the poverty of the common people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about what the pile of debris behind them could be. I'm not sure what I think about washing clothes on the temple steps. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous picture with such interesting details of color and architecture. And Nancy Kay is so right about the contrast of opulence and poverty. So interesting! This would be a great photo for a social studies class to use as the opening of some deep inquiry about culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each photo makes our worlds look so vastly different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This picture is near and dear to my heart. I was obsessed with drawing these buildings in my rudimentary way when I was 8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a colorful photo! That must have been fun to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful. And sad. I'm also curious about the pile of debris in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Add me to the curious list, the stark contrast between temple wealth and community poverty list...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks better than doing the laundry in the last laundry facility I used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whenever I fuss about doing laundry, I should always remember that I could be doing it by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Between the EPA citing someone for polluting a river if we did the laundry in a river and American's fussiness about cleanliness I doubt you'd see anything like this here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.