Tiny Stripes

Tiny Stripes is a Western Region Oddball Baby Blanket. Bailey started this cute "boy-friendly blanket" and told the knitters to use at least two colors in their four-inch section.

I had originally planned to use brighter colors, but when Tiny Stripes arrived in the mail, it was obvious they would over-power the first section. I pulled two yarns from my stash that matched Bailey's colors and added two others. I hope that other knitters continue to match at least one color from the section preceding theirs to add some continuity to the stripes.

Update: June 2012

Comments

  1. Wonderful yarn's color continuity. Love the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the other knitters have matching colors in their stash, this blanket will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does feel like a little boy....isn't that amazing how colors can create those feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I've said this about other blankets, but at this moment, that is my favorite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! It's different from other blankets you have done. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Of course it's no surprise that I am a big fan of garter stitch stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great... maybe I should get out my needles and knit something. Well, after I finish at least one hand quilt project! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. I love the idea of two colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally wanted to ask that the next knitter use one of the colors from the previous section to help make each section blend a bit better. I didn't want to for fear of out being too much to ask or too many restrictions for some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's a good way to get continuity ...in colors...I must remember this tip...great blanket
    do you all use the same yarn maker???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.