Something to Consider

Last Friday, I read this post and started thinking about my craft stash and inventory as well as my online life.

After our Mother's death, my sisters and I started the tedious process of sorting through all of Mom's craft books, quilts, quilt blocks, embroidered items, etc. It would have been nice to have some idea how she would have liked this bounty divided. We tried to disperse the items as fairly as possible by drawing numbers and making a selection, but I'm not sure everyone was happy with the process and its result.

online image
sock yarn stash
What would your family do with your yarn or fabric stash or your crafting tools? Would your family sell the items or give them to those who would appreciate and use them? Would your family know the details of your online life?

online image
fabric stash
Julie from Me and My Quilts - Exploring the Possibilities has graciously allowed me to share her thoughts and Quilter's Will with my readers. Even if you are not a quilter, please take some time to read the "will" because it can be adapted to fit any hobby.


Comments

  1. D'oh! My attorney is a life-long friend (his dad was my dad's attny and friend) and he jokes about how detailed my will is, and yet... my yarn and other crafting supplies are unaccounted for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! I have been thinking about this very conundrum. I appreciate you sharing this link--I read it and am going to act!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved today's topic. Gets a person to thinking. None of my family shares my love of knitting but I have some close friends I know would understand my attachment to my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lucky that there are a group of HeartStrings quilters here in the Minneapolis area. Keith could just call them in and let them take everything except my personal tops. Those I would like my sister to finish for family. We've talked about it and I do have things written down but keeping them updated is the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! BF knows he should contact one of my friends in my knitting group and have them put all my knitting, yarn, needles, books, magazines to good use however they see fit. This is a fantastic idea, though. I am going to forward the article to all my crafty friends. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.