Controlled Spin

Controlled Spin
56 x 66 inches
Quilt of Valor
Controlled Spin was created out of necessity: the scrap pile beside my sewing machine was growing too fast and needed to be brought under control.

This top is my seventh in the Twelve in 2012 Quilt of Valor challenge.

A free pattern included in an advertisement
 from Quilters Newsletter
The pattern was a perfect match for my 2.5 inch scrap strips. Once they were sewn in strip sets, the top came together very quickly. 


I like the multiple types of pinwheels in this pattern. How many types do you see?

Update: May 9, 2012

Alycia posted this quilt on her blog today. It should be wrapped around a hero soon.

Comments

  1. You have a real talent for creating beautiful quilts from scraps. I only see two types of pinwheels, but I'm sure there must be more since you asked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this top! I like your version much more than the picture on the pattern... theirs is too "muddled" with a busy background fabric. I do enjoy making quilts with 2.5" strips because they usually go together so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cleaver....think this one of scraps is one of the best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scraps?! Wow. Regardless of where it came from, that's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It reminds me of windmills spinning in the summer breeze. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are speedy Gonzales cranking out the quilts! All those tiny pieces must have been hard to piece. Another beautiful quilt and to think it was made from scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful

    what do you do with them all?

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first glance it made me dizzy! I saw the lovely tiny pinwheels, then I saw the bigger ones, would need to look harder to see more.

    It's lovely. What happens when you meet your goal of 12 quilts in March? Will you work on something else or continue with these quilts? g

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt Nancy. I too like yours much better than the photo with the directions. I think I like it because of all the whites in the blocks. Clean, neat and done. I'm wondering if I have gotten that ad yet? Is it recent or old? And, surely I could just make this myself using my general quilting knowledge! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.