Triple Finish


Marilyn and I finished our latest project - three flag quilts. Marilyn's quilt is on the left, and mine are on the right. On both of my tops, I added an extra white and an extra red stripe to make them large enough for the Quilt of Valor requirements.

In June, I saw a finished quilt at the Thimble Cottage Quilt Village in Rapid City, SD and purchased the pattern, a Pearl Louise design, called Freedom Flag.

Thimble Cottage Quilt shop is packed with sample quilts, creative displays, and wonderful fabric. It's a fun place to visit, to find new ideas, and of course, to enhance stash.

Update: November 26, 2011

Alycia posted the flag quilts on her blog today. They should be wrapped around a hero soon.

Comments

  1. Beautiful!! I love the reds in those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic finish. I'm a fan of all your patriotic quilts. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts! They will be very appreciated by some recovering soldier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hooked! If I were ever tempted to make a quilt it would be that one. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flag quilts are outstanding. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.