Monday, September 27, 2010

Operation Santa


Operation Santa filled and distributed 42,400 stockings to deployed Armed Forces in 2009. Volunteers in 2009 crafted 50,00 stockings.

I used some scraps and some smaller pieces of yardage to make 11 stockings in an assembly line.

The pattern is easy to print and use: one simple seam, a quick hem at the top, and an optional hanging loop. Nothing can be easier to make. Cuffs are also optional. November 1, 2010 is the deadline.

You can watch a video of Santa's elves on the Citizen Sam website that may make motivate you to make a stocking or two from some of your scraps.

Please note that Citizen Sam has other projects listed on their site, too.

4 comments:

  1. Sewing is so much faster than knitting. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you donate your time to such a variety of needs...these are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say - I LOVE all the quilts and kitchen items you have posted recently. These stockings are so patriotic looking - very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THEM NANCY.I USED THIS SAME METHOD TO MAKE A BED SOCK FOR SOMEONE IN A NURSING HOME WHOSE FEET SWELL BAD. SHE STAYS IN BED ALL THE TIME BUT HER FEET GET COLD. WAITING TO SEE IF THEY WORKED.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly: pinnut3200@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...