Jumble of Thoughts

current knitting projects 
May 2022

Last week was busy: filled with appointments, errands, volunteering, and reading. My old dental work (circa 1970s) is beginning to show its age. Recently, an old crown come off and part of the tooth with it. Thankfully, the tooth had a root canal years ago, and I didn't have any pain. The pain is going to be in my wallet as I don't have dental insurance. I'll have the tooth prepped for a new crown this week.

I volunteered at the Eppson Center (senior center) last week, too. The morning receptionist asked me to substitute so she could attend her granddaughter's music performance. Thinking I might have time to sneak in some knitting, I grabbed the basket containing my current projects. Sadly, I didn't have time to even pick up the needles. 

Most of my evenings last week were spent listening to an audiobook: This Will Not Pass by Jonathan Martin and Alexander Burns. It is a fairly balanced account of the events leading up to the 2020 election and through the insurrection on January 6, 2021. The book does not sugarcoat the facts and presents the depth of the partisan divide in America. I know that no politician runs for office to selflessly to serve the country, but I was surprised at the extent of the self-serving behavior of our elected officials. Often, I had to stop the recording and walk away. This book made an impact on the way I view the workings of the government and the people who are currently in Congress. 

Comments

  1. Sorry about the crown work needed. Even with dental insurance, that expense is high! The current state of politics is just deplorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tooth will be a pain for your wallet indeed! We didn't have any insurance a few years ago and bought Dental One ins to help out but it still cost a lot to have my tooth fixed! The scarf will be a good distraction until then. The book sounds interesting-but given the bio on the authors, I'm giving it a definite pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dental work is my biggest fear, and I need to face it myself soon. My fear of dentists is not rational, but it's real. And I'm with you on the way I view our country's leaders anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too lost a crown recently and it did indeed hurt my wallet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dental work is always expensive. All of Washington needs to be replaced...mostly crooks:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch....I feel your pain. My old fillings have cracked some of my teeth and one recently fell out. Getting it fixed was $$$ not to mention the pain. Goodness, dentistry is brutal these days. I was not prepared and had a serious panic attack in the chair. I'm sure my dentist thinks I'm nuts.
    As for Wash DC, my lawyer son works for DOJ and my computer nerd one works in the nuclear submarine division of the navy. Most don't know half of how bad things are but I do....lol. We have a LOT to be worried about. Unless the younger generation starts paying attention (and voting) we're in for a world of hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy I have two teeth that have cracked. What with COVID and My husbands surgery, my teeth were on the back burner. Soon I' wi11 face the dreaded dri11. NO insurance here either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh on dental work. I have already replaced the older ones. I’m hoping nothing happens for a long while. Busy is good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.