Stash Enhancement

five skeins of new sock yarn

When I took my shawl into the local yarn shop for blocking, I discovered a "new to me sock yarn" and fell in love with the rich colors and the reasonable price. 

Queensland Perth sock yarn 
100 gr ball - 437 yards

I purchased Great Barrier Reef (122), Redcliffe City (119), Gold Coast (114), Port Pirie (120), and Alpine Shire (117). Each ball was $13.50 which I thought was very reasonable for the yardage and a super wash wool with nylon. I haven't cast on a project yet, but at least one of these balls will become a pair of socks. 

Have you tried Queensland Perth sock yarn?

Comments

  1. Oooh those look wonderful. Are they soft? I’m planning on starting a new pair after I finish hand quilting an old quilt. But I’ve grabbed a ball from my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn Nancy! I've never heard of that brand, but $13.50 per skein sounds like a steal to me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it knits up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this year, but it sure looks gorgeous! It also looks like it might be a bit itchy, better for socks than a shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty hope they work up well! I love that gold color so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not tried those. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of that brand but it's really pretty yarn and the price is fantastic! I was trying to decide which one was my favorite color and I kept changing my mind. That's why I have such a hard time buying nice yarn. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful! I cant' wait to see it knit up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, I have not. However, I am a huge fan of Queenslands yarns. I've enjoyed working with them for summer tops. Wonderful stash for you!! I applaud the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great price for that yarn. I haven't seen that in my local shops. I have similar type of yarns and they are fun to knit.

    Have fun with your new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific price on that yarn and good yardage, too, for the price! Have fun knitting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New to me yarn, too; oh, such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.