Charity of Strangers

In charity there is no excess.
Sir Francis Bacon

All Crafts for Charity, an online Yahoo Group, "adopted" my hospital nursery for two weeks in June. Thanks to the generosity of these talented ladies, I have been busy opening packages, creating a data base, and preparing the items for the hospital staff. You can see all of the beautiful items that I received here.

I am overwhelmed with the sheer volume of hats and blankets that these women sent to help babies that they will never see. To date, I have received donations 56 dividuals in the following states or countries:

California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Kansas
Louisiana
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
North Carolina
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming
British Columbia, Canada
Ontario, Canada
Puerto Rico
United Kingdom

Earlier this year, I was grumbling because there was no way I could knit enough hats or sew enough blankets or purchase the necessary materials by myself to keep this project viable. God used the All Crafts for Charity group and its generous and talented members to provide for the babies in my area. Praise God and Thank You, ladies!

Comments

  1. How wonderful! What a blessing this group is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, that is awesome! The hats are all so darling. The babies will be blessed, their families will be blessed, no doubt the hospital nursery staff was blessed, and definitely the knitters (and you!) were blessed. Praise God, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.